Commitment to Clients
As General Counsel for the Board of Registration in Medicine (2014-2016) Attorney Maloney advised the Board on a wide range of matters pertaining to patient safety, including the licensure and discipline of Massachusetts physicians and regulations pertaining to physician practice in Massachusetts.
Since the inception of North Shore Law, LLC in 2016, Attorney Maloney has continued bring her passion and experience to clients suffering injury and families experiencing the wrongful death of a loved one, in addition to representing physicians before the licensing board.
Significant cases have included:
- $5.5 million settlement for a bank executive struck by an MBTA bus.
- $5.3 million settlement for construction worker injured when stair tower collapsed
- $3.5 million settlement for injuries to a child struck by a truck;
- $2 million settlement for a young woman whose doctor negligently failed to monitor kidney function while she was on prescription medication.
- Undisclosed seven-figure settlement for public servants injured during a rehearsal landing of the Presidential Marine One Chinook-47D helicopters on a football and baseball field.
- Favorable Appeals Court decision ordering insurance company to pay an additional $100,000 to family of injured state trooper.
Attorney Maloney is active in the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys, an organization dedicated to promoting public safety and welfare, and the protection of individual liberties. She served on the organization’s Board of Governors (2009-2014) as Chair of the Education Committee (2010-2014), and was the recipient of the President’s Award in 2013, 2018 and 2019. Attorney Maloney has served as Secretary (2020-2021), Treasurer (2021-2022), Vice President (2022-2023) and is currently President-Elect. Her Academy-related presentations addressed distracted driving and ethics and civility in the practice of law.
Attorney Maloney is also a member of the American Association for Justice, Massachusetts Bar Association and the Essex County Bar Association. She is rated as AV Preeminent by Martindale Hubbell (1988- present) for ethics and legal ability and was named a Massachusetts Super Lawyer (2012-2013) through a process of peer nomination and independent research, which measure peer recognition and professional achievement.
Attorney Maloney is a longtime resident of the North Shore where she lives with her family.